Doula's support for expectant women, during birth and and after.
I am happy that You have landed on our little webpage!
My name is Aale-Triinu and I am the professional doula. I support families through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum, mostly in Tallinn area. I have been working also as pregnancy yoga teacher since 2006 and instructing mom & baby yoga classes as well.
I'm most happy to be your humble guide through whole the special and memorable journey of becoming a mom in Estonia. :)
On the photo (up): Aale-Triinu with her son Gabriel, 2015.
What is a doula?
Like travel guides in a foreign country, birth and postpartum doulas help support new families through the life changing experience of having a baby!
Whether it’s a family’s first baby or their tenth, a doula can help make the birth and postpartum experience better.
Today, a doula is defined as follows:
Doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
The Association of Estonian Birth Supporters: www.doula.ee
Sessions with the client
are good to get to know each other and build trust. We can meet either in my yoga classes for expectant women, on a cosy rental space, at your home or also in a more silent cafe - whichever would you like! We can work on your birth plan in both English and Estonian. You can ask whatever interests you or is still unclear, and I'm there to help you find all the answers. :)
Informative and Hands On
Between 36-38 weeks I will offer you an important meeting at your home. During this meeting, I will work with you and your partner to collaborate on your vision for your birth. We will discuss your feelings about pain medication, interventions, and practice the various comfort measures that we will utilize during your birth. At this time we will talk about when you want me to join you during your labor and what you can do during early labor with your partner to stay comfortable. This meeting should last about 1-2 hours, and preferably include both partners.
Baby Day Birth Support
When it comes time for your labor and birth, I am with you continuously. This is the day that you have been preparing for and have been envisioning! Together we will work through your labour, coping techniques, positioning, massage, use of the bathtub and shower. When it comes to pushing, I am right by your side, supporting you through each and every push. And once the baby is here, I will help to facilitate the "Golden Hour", the incredible bonding through skin to skin and establish breastfeeding.
Also I will visit you the next day to be sure that you are feeling comfortable, held and also well informed in either a birth hospital or your home.
Postpartum Visits and Support
Establishing Your New Normal
Post-partum is a time that is often overlooked when planning for birth. But this time is one that can be joyous and equally stressful. This visits typically takes place in your home between 1-6 weeks after your birth and lasts around 2 hours. During post-partum visits we may take time to look back at your birth. What are the memories of that day that you cherish? What surprised you? Is there anything that didn't go how you'd hoped? All of these pieces that we must process in order to help cement the birth story that we will remember forever. This visit is a time to honor your story in whatever way feels most comfortable to you.
In addition, if you'd like, I will cook you an ayurvedic recovery tea from several organic components. And as a lactation consultant with a UNICEF diploma I'm happy to support your breastfeeding. I can also work as a personal trainer for your pelvic floor and core muscles and help you recover from diastasis recti.
On the photo (up): Aale-Triinu with her first son, 2014.
Studio108 Doula Services and prices
|Period of the service|
and the price
|Preparation and prenatal visits:|
(Skype, Zoom, Messinger)
- Supporting and helping to think through everything about becoming a mom (and dad) and about the labour;
- Forming the birth plan for medical personnel;
- Personal yoga program for regular balanced training;
- Practicing birth positions and breathing techniques;
- Discussing the role of the father during labour;
- Nutrition counselling;
- Emotional support;
- Being an interpreter on the field of pregnancy and labour;
Time and place
Also possible via internet.
|Baby Day Birth Support:|
(30€ prepaid on the 38th week and the rest after the baby's birth)
- Doula's readiness and dedication around the clock;
- Guidance though supporting and comfortable positions, breathing, aroma therapy, massage, etc;
- Making herbal tea;
- Practical support and help with moving to the hospital;
- Emotional support;
- Practical support during and up to 2h after the birth;
- Breastfeeding support;
- One postpartum vist on the next day and free consulting via sms and phone calls during next days.
|Continuous support around the clock. |
At early stages
via messages or phone calls, later at the woman's home or the birth hospital.
|Postpartum Visits and Support|
(or depending on the type of the session)
- Lactation consultation;
- Helping in practical matters with the baby;
- Supporting in both, physical and emotional recovery;
- Manual therapy in case of a diastasis recti;
- Establishing the personal training program;
- Ayurvedic postpartum tea for better healing;
- Benkung waste wrapping;
- Postpartum swaddling ceremony.
The visit on the next day takes place in the hospital or your home.
Other postpartum visits at home or whereever the fresh mom prefers.
Usually 1,5-2 h at a time.
Swaddling ceremony 4-6 h.
The regular yoga classes for expectant women.
The regular mom & baby classes.
Take contact with me (Aale-Triinu): firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aale-Triinu's doula-service page at the Association of Estonian Birth Supporters' general webpage: https://www.doula.ee/doula/aale-triinu-sonn
You are welcome to our Facebook page: "Lapseootel ja lapsega emadele. Jooga- ja doulainfo" www.facebook.com/teadlik.ema .
* * *
Photo: Aale-Triinu carrying her 3rd child, 2016.
Doula Aale-Triinu Sonn about herself:
"As a Kriya Hatha Yoga instructor I started to give yoga glasses for expectant women in 2006. Through these regular classes and seminars I have offered preparation for natural birth for about 1000 women. Some of their feedback (in Estonian) can be read here.
After the birth of my second child in 2014 I started with my mom & baby classes.
During 2017-2018, after the birth of my third child, I studied to become professional birth doula and lactation consultant in Estonia, in Põlisrahva Tarkuste Kool. Since 2018 I have supported more than 10 women in their childbirth (The feedback in Estonia here).
Births I have assisted as a doula, have taken place both in hospitals and people's homes. I have also aided several natural and painless births, including water births and also c-sections (including planned ones).
It is my heart wish to support women in the process of conscious birth and it's my passion to make women feel like poweful goddesses during giving birth. :)
Thanks to my yoga-related background I am now in the process of founding the birth school 'Mindful Birth' in Estonia. For years already have I encouraged women to use mindfulness at the time of their labour.
From all of my heart I'm happily supporting all of the in the magic process of becoming mom (and dad).
Photo: Aale-Triinu Sonn expacting her 3rd child, 2016.
* 2019 March Postpartum Swaddling (Teacher: Natalie Sanna).
* 2018 Oct Testing Diastasis Recti and establishing the individual training program and manual therapy of German midwife Angela Heller. (Teacher: Yola Garbers (Germany)).
* 2018 Sept Postpartum treatments: herbal massage, physiological belly massage, Savasana massage, herbal steam home sauna, healing tea, Benkung wrapping (Teacher: Natalie Sanna).
* 2017 Sept - 2018 June. Full Doula Programme - 450 hours (at Põlisrahva Tarkuste ja Rahvaravi Kool. Teachers: Karita Mikko, Ingrid Kaoküla, Elina Piirimäe, Ülle Lember, Küllike Lillestik, Riinu Verlin, Triin Värnik).
* 2017 Oct - 2018 May. UNICEF's Lactation Consultant - 40 hours. Teachers: Ülle Lember, Riinu Verlin.
* 2017 Feb - April. 32-hour course. (Physiotherapist: Marika Must).
* 2017 Feb. E-course of pelvic floor muscle. (Teachers: Katri Ristal ja Kaija Margumets (www.minaolenginaine.ee).
* 2016 July-Aug. Birth School at Estonian Midwife Center (12h, teachers: Ingrid Kaoküla, Iren Laidma, www.ammaemanduskeskus.ee);
* 2015 Nov-2016 Jan. Mom&Baby Yoga part 1 and part 2 (Teacher Natalie Sanna, Bliss Yoga Stuudio).
* 2006 Example yoga classes for pregnant women (Teacher: midwife Ülle Lember; www.paikesetants.ee);
* 2005 Course for Kriya Hatha Yoga Teachers. Yoga exercises for pregnancy.